Wednesday, July 7, 2010

The Siblings

toughlove

She loves to hold him but as you may notice in this picture, he doesn’t like to be held, especially in her not-so-gentle hold

Often people will ask me about how the children are when they are together…

Both of them are the best of friends, being together 24 hours a day. There are many times that Huirou can figure out what Zhixin wants before we do. She’s the one who discovered that he likes to hold on to a handkerchief when he’s falling asleep.

But there are also frequent fights for toys and attention. Sometimes Huirou will even push or shove Zhixin, which is not allowed in our house. Zhixin will “fight back” by yelling or crying. The house is chaotic when I scold the children too.

Sometimes, it is possible to share. And that is how we normally eat: sharing an orange 4 ways, picking on raisins from the same container, or taking baths while we sing nursery rhymes.

At the end of the day, when they drift off to sleep, and I gaze upon their angelic faces, I feel that I am indeed blessed.

No comments: