
The most amazing thing happened this past month. Huirou -from a mumbling, crying baby- turned into a real little person overnight.
Growth, Food Intake and General Well Being
- This month we don’t have to visit the doctor. Yea! In fact, I would like to stay away from that place until March. That’s when our next appointment will be.
- She now eats most of what we are eating now.
- She has always been once of those magical babies who sleeps quite well at night. Now she can sleep even longer, often for 12 hours at night. She may wake but seldom so awake that I feel sleepy during the day.
- She can consistently take 2-hour daytime naps too.
Physical Development and Communications
- She has been working on her 2 lower 1st molars, and one has erupted just yesterday. I hope after they have both erupted she would start to sleep even better.
- She can now walk really well and can catch herself if she’s about to fall.
- When a fall is unavoidable she tries to break her fall using her hands; I know this is not the safest way to break a fall but that is her natural response.
- When walking around the house, she try to move our furniture around too (yes, that makes for an even messier house)
- However, she’s willing to help me pick up her toys when it is bedtime already.
- She understands a lot more of what we are saying now. Some new words that she understands now are orange, sit down, I figure she could easily understand about 30 words or so?
- She now helps to dress and undress herself. She will look up when I powder her neck and put her hands through the sleeves. She will even request that I do her hair when we go out.
- When I am lazy and want to just set aside her diaper, she won’t allow me and will keep pointing to put it in the trash can…
- Whenever Hubs is outside hanging out the laundry, she likes to ride on her toy car outside and keep him company.
- She can play pretend now. Her favourite? Pretend to eat !
- She is also getting very good at her shape sorter.
- And she can tell tales now. Whenever something goes wrong (no matter whose fault) she goes uh-uh holding her index finger up right next to her nose.
- She can identify her hair, eyes, nose, ears and belly button.
- An ambulance to her is woooooo; and a dog is hoho.
- She also make choices by shaking her head whenever she wants to refuse something that we offered.
- She is able to use the correct “tool” for the job eg, comb to hair, spoon to eat etc.
- I’ve always though that she is aggressive and impatient; maybe she’s just frustrated that we don’t understand her.
- Because as soon as she is able to make us understand her by pointing, grunting and shaking her head, she becomes generally happier.
- Whenever she does throw a tantrum, we can still easily distract her.
No comments:
Post a Comment