My greatest joy comes everyday when I pick her up from daycare. My greatest pleasure is seeing her unfolding personality. Just this morning, she woke up and promptly scoot over to my side of the bed and gave me a big fat "Good Morning" kiss. Now, who won't sayang (adore) a loving personality like that?
Growth, Food Intake and General Well Being
- We've been unable to get an accurate weight reading because now she recognizes the pediatrician and will not let us put her on the scale. So she's still about 9 kg, we think.
- Last month she got sick twice. Fever. Then bronchitis. Caught it from me probably, though I had no symptoms. Lucky for me, she rather enjoy her meds.
- After 2 months of dangling between 1-nap and 2-nap days, she's finally switch to doing just 1 nap a day.
- Most probably because we changed to a new baby sitter. The new place is much quieter.
- Speaking of which the new sitter cooks! Yay. Which means I don't have to wake up at 5.30 am anymore.
- So she will have 1 meal and occasional snacks there and dinner with us in the evenings.
- These are the foods that she loves. bread. pasta esp in bolognese sauce. anything that is on our plates even if it's actually the same food that she's eating.
- As for fruits, her current favorite is the dragon fruit and if that's not available, oranges will do.
Physical Development and Communications
- YES. Finally she can walk now. but I am still nervous about that. I keep telling Hubs that if he doesn't take videos now then we won't have videos of her toddling. She'll be walking in no time.... So y'all who knows him, help me out abit?
- She can now stand from her squat. No hands.
- So since she can now walk abit what does she do about stairs? she try to ascend and descend them like us. no more butt first when coming down. Really scary.
- She now points to her toy car and says "de de" trying to say "cher cher" like me.
- When I ask: Where's your "ya ya" She grinds her teeth.
- She also knows the fan, lights, tv.
- She especially likes her "shoe shoe". Because whenever I say that, it means we are going out where she can walk around.
- She can be persuaded to help me turn on/off the lights
- She will also now gladly throw away "rubbish" So now whenever she picks up any, I just ask her to toss it away. No snatching from her. No tears.
- And she looooooves to throw her own diaper away. Big help.
Character and Temperament
- It may seem impossible but now she's much less velcro-y to us.
- She plays alone, and when asked to wait, she can do so, unless she's sleepy.
- At the new sitter's house she learnt to pretend to fall down. Obviously we are not fazed and just laughed at her attempts to garner sympathy.
7 comments:
ohhh meei yun !!! are you expecting the second one???
Yep. You're right :)
What a good news !!! REally happy for ya and you are really a wonderful and hands on mother !! hopefully to meet your princess and the new born next year when I return !! Congrats to you and your family !!
Wahh.. good good. When are you planning to come back??
Planned around Aug to Sept 2009 as my husband is going back to Egpyt again as usual but I dont think I will go Egypt but just stay at Malaysia..hehehe...abit of freedom coz he will take Adam with him for a month !! So I really wish to see all of you again with the kids !
So cannot see big boy Adam lar.....
So sad......
Ask him to come around at the end of his trip lar...
no no still can see adam coz I will bring Adam to Malaysia first before daddy comes, then Daddy will stay in malaysia abit before heading to Cairo with Adam.
Post a Comment