Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Huirou @ 2 years 11 months old

hr2y11mo

Last week, Hubs commented: Wow, we’ve spent the last 4 years with Huirou already.

He of course was counting the year that she was inside my tummy too.

Last month on the paediatrician's scale, she weighed 12kg. Everyday she eats 5 kg of food. She eats a lot. So I don’t know why she’s small. Wait, I know: It’s genetic :)

I really like to chit chat with her now. She is quite good at telling me about her day too. Without fail, our conversation carries over to what Zhixin does at the sitters’. So I get to find out her version of what she ate or if Zhixin was naughty. I hardly verify her story, though, because it is this simple routine of winding down that I like at the end of the day.

And she remembers. I can ask her where she’d put away something, or where her uncle went. If we brought her somewhere unfamiliar she will ask about where we are going. We went to Ipoh last month and she remembers.

She grasps concepts like big/small, near/far, whether it’s a workday or a restday for us. 

She loves to read. I haven’t really taught her to read, but I enjoy reading or looking through books with her.  She enjoys looking at the pictures and weaving her own story. If she grabs a magazine, she starts going through the pictures and ask us what each picture is. She especially enjoys the  sales leaflets that were delivered aka junk mail to our mail box, because we can then have fun at identifying our household things.

Next year, we want to put her into a pre-school. At first, I thought I want to put her in a Montessori-based school; but then any true Montessori centre may not prepare her adequately for primary school a few years down the road.

So I’ve identified one near our house where there are “taught” lessons, but also monthly themes/modules where she will get to discover other things, like nature, cooking, science, history and sports and hopefully many others more that I couldn't think of right now.

And this will be her birthday present this year.

No comments: