Sunday, May 9, 2010

Change

We have all heard it often enough:

Once the baby arrives, your lives will change.

It’s true you know.

Especially after the second one.

We used to go out during the weekends doing whatever. Outings need not be planned around nap times.

We washed our sheets every 2 weeks or so, not every 3 days.

I needed only 15 minutes in the morning to get ready. Not 1.5 hours plus another 30 mins to persuade little children to put on their shoes and get into their car seats.

Even our reading changed to some of the books like these :

children-books

The books were also never chewed, scribbled and salivated upon. And heaven forbid that they be this tattered after only 6 months!

There were many big changes for us and some arguments along the way. We’ve had to make changes to our lifestyle, and habits. Some say that these are sacrifices that we make as parents and some merely view it as a temporary change in pace. But no matter what, all I know is:

I wouldn't want it ANY other way.

No comments: