Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Huirou @ 2 years 4 months old

HR-2y3mI’ve always wanted to blog more often, and note down all the little things that the children do. I always put it off (as you may have noticed) and then as time go by I forget all the little details. Regardless, I’ll try to do my best. (as in, I’ll still blog but I also want to spend time with them without having to tell myself:oh! I need to blog about this-or-that)

What about Huirou? How’s she doing now?

She’s rather small physically, weighing only about 10 kg.

 

Speaking in sentences:

She speaks in complete sentences most of the time now. Sometimes, when we don’t understand her, she shakes her head and is obviously disappointed, but often she will repeat and repeat until somebody understands her.

Her: [Where’s the] simenser leh?

Me: 什么来的 [What’s that]?

Her: Neh.. simenser! 转转转[turn turn turn] simenser?

After a while, I figure out she was trying to say “cement mixer” which I had earlier pointed out to her.

 

Planning our outings:

Some weekends, we like to have breakfast at Macdonald’s, after which we usually go to the supermarket for some groceries.

Her: 等一下,吃完Macdonald's, 我们去Jusco。

Me: Ok. 我们去Jusco做什么?

Her:去打螃蟹,吃ai-cream。 自己走呵!

[In awhile after we finish our Macdonald’s, we’re going to Jusco]

[What are doing in Jusco?]

[Hit some crabs, eat ice cream. [I’ll]walk on my own.]

 

Hitting crabs is a game we play at the arcade shop. We all chip in to help her using our hands. Zhixin contributes to the fun by laughing loudly whenever we try to hit the poor crabs.

She likes Hubs to hold her whenever we are out because she gets a better view, so I have to constantly remind her that she has to walk some of the time.

1 comment:

zmm said...

so young already knows how to 打螃蟹.

Cute.