Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Zhixin’s Health

 zxhospital

This was how Zhixin was presented to me when I had rested and ask for him to be breastfed.

He was bathed and was alert. He latched on like a natural, though it was a little difficult because I was not used to seeing such a tiny mouth. He would smile after an especially full meal and then throw his head back and fall into deep sleep. He’s a  good sleeper too. I think he’s only awake for like 4 hours total in a day. But he wakes up to eat like clockwork every 3 hours or so. He’s also impatient, demanding that his meals (milk) be served the moment he goes waaah. Any delay will result in progressively louder wails and he will not quit till he gets to eat. Boys will be boys. This he definitely inherited from Hubs.

Due to his low birth weight, the doctor ordered his blood glucose to be monitored while we were at the hospital. So every 3 hours, one of the nurses would have to draw some blood from his heel……

It resulted in him being a little jittery the first day that we were home. Poor guy. The needle holes were visible on his heel even at his 1 week check-up with the paediatrician.

Speaking of the paediatrician, he’s a cool guy. When he saw the tiny baby, he just asked to make sure that I didn’t have any high blood pressure. Then he proceeded to check the baby’s organs, reflexes and of course the level of his “yellowness”. He felt the baby, despite his size, is doing great. Hubs and I like his style.

No comments: