Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Small Beginnings

zxsleep

Zhixin is always sleeping.

Hubs say that that’s because he is so small that he has to concentrate all his resources on growing.

He is indeed small:

  • His head fits easily in Hub’s palm.
  • His clothes overwhelms him most of the time. The sleeves are so wide apart that his arms slip through them easily while he is asleep. I often wake up to find him wearing his clothes monk-style, exposing one shoulder.
  • He don’t get to wear mittens either, because no mittens fit him. They all slid out 2 minutes after I put them on.
  • When he wears socks they reaches up to his shins, making it look like he is wearing loose boots.
  • When I change him, the tabs on his diaper overlaps. The smallest diaper hangs until his knees. Luckily he doesn’t wriggle around too much yet because the leg holes don’t close up properly either.

Right now, Hubs and I hope that he will grow up quickly and healthily. Hubs can’t wait to teach him all the “guy things”, and is already telling him that he has to protect his sister when he grows up. Well, we shall see won’t we? Coz we all know that from small beginnings come great things.

1 comment:

QQAlice said...

Meei Yun, congratulation on your second new arrival...he is a beautiful child. I am sure that he will catch up pretty fast and in no time he will be a big boy. My neighbour gave birth to her twin gals on her 22 to 24 weeks pregnancy...u can imagine how small they were...now they are cheeky, happy, healthy, cute and loud babies. They do catch up very fast..so dont worry about his weight nor his size. U take good care urself too..hopefully can pay you guys a visit when im back end of the year.