Monday, October 6, 2008

Huirou @ 13 months



Growth, Food Intake and General Well Being
  • Her 6th tooth finally sprouted. This tooth was a particularly difficult one to grow. I think it took 3 months maybe?
  • She gets 2 full meals a day, usually including dessert (fruits). Sometimes I will pack along a snack for her to the sitter's house, mostly fruits that keep well. On top of that she gets all the breastmilk she wants.
  • She's finally had a taste of some salty foods, but she will eat her slightly bland food when I forgot to salt. (She's been salt-free for the past few months, and I sometimes forgot to season her food properly. I know, bad momma)
  • She loves to eat breads, especially the crusty heel of a baguette.
  • She prefers rice over her rice porridge (congee), perhaps because she perceive our food as tastier?
  • She takes 2 short naps during the weekdays and usually only 1 longer nap at home. Unsurprisingly because we have airconditioning and a very quiet room compared to the sitter's :P

Physical Development and Communications

  • This girl can roll around and laze in bed *grin*
  • Although she enjoys walking with her hands held, She is still rather suspicious of walking on her two feet alone. She does enjoy leaning on walls and furniture to stand... This is so that she can hold items in both her hands
  • But she's learnt to squat for extended period of time. She can also pull to stand from her squat.
  • She will pick up objects from the floor and inspect them rather carefully; she especially loves the cracks and crevices in out floor/wall.
  • She is also rather apt an getting on and off furniture and stairs but we watch her like a hawk.
  • Her pincer grasp is developing rather well that she can hold onto her cookie tightly
  • She likes the tar tar song. It took me a while to figure out it's Twinkle Twinkle Little Star! No wonder she was opening and closing her palms. Aiyaaa...
  • She will also point to the sky when I say birdy and to the faraway ground when I say dog.
  • She says
  • She understands that I want her to sit down zhor zhor but complying is another story ...
  • She learnt how to pray when we say paipai (pray pray: meaning the altar). She will hold her palms together and move them up and down.
  • When I ask her finish up her cookie by saying aaahm, she will put whatever is remaining in her hands into her mouth. even if it is a rather large chunk of food.
  • She will tug her shirt when asked if she wants to bath bumbum
  • She regularly tells us hmmmph hmmmph that she needs to use the potty; however, she cannot differentiate yet how to say poo or pee. She will also say the same if she went already o_O

Character and Temperament
  • This month we see some personality developing! Oh gosh.
  • She is willful, always wanting to do things her way. She will thow a tantrum when she doesn't get her way or when some thing is taken away from her. So we try not to take anything from her, not because we spoil her but because we want to teach her that it is not ok to take by force.
  • When asked nicely she will hand you objects with a Nah. Cute
  • Her persistence in hide and seek will send her looking for a hidden object for a full 15 minutes.
  • She's very loving. She will frequently approach us to kiss or hang onto our legs for attention. Sometimes she will just look up and smile while playing.
I started this post being very angry at her because she was spitting out her food (She's had enough) the entire evening and then asking for more food. Then she bit me and when I scolded her she threw a fit and refused to be comforted. I even told Hubs that I have nothing to blog about and she has not grown at all. The amount I have written surely is an indication that she's more angel than devil, and usually only devilish when provoked or tired. Come to think of it, I myself behave crabbily when feeling tired.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

she very fat already hor?

shirley said...

where is the 14 mths..

Crazy Chemist said...

erm .. I am working on the 14 months post lor...