Hui Rou is already 3 months old. Well, the little thing at the side of the blog says 3 months 6 days :)
Last Saturday, we went for her jab again, consisting of second doses of vaccinations for triple antigen, polio and HIB. We opt to have her be vaccinated against the rotavirus too. Because a tummy ache is no fun. Because dehydration is no fun. and because thank goodness, we can afford it.
She was such a champion because she only gave a little wail after the jab. And she gamely swallowed all that icky overly-sweetened rotavirus vaccine. Ah well... which kid don't like candy , right?
As part of her well baby visit report, She
1. weighs 5.55 kg (+0.5 kg)
2. is 61.5 cm tall (+ 2 cm)
3. has so much control of her neck that it is so much more crucial to support her back
4. lifts her head and feet high when put on her tummy (Book say aeroplane pose, but she just look like a performing seal to me :Þ)
5. Readily turns onto her tummy when aided
6. On top of cooing and clacking, she can now smack her lips. Taught her that in only 1 week. This baby is so smart !!
7. Has more toys and books now, thanks to my re-found shopping time (aka ponteng work) , but her favorite remains the Lamaze cat who goes to daycare with her everyday.
8. Sleeps through the night consistently. Even if I wake her up to nurse, she will only nurse half-heartedly, so I usually just let her be.
9. And when she does nurse properly, she would still be busy with her hands grabbing my shirt, her own shirt or just plain looking around. I either let her face the wall if I am in a hurry or accommodate her by turning around.
As she start her 4th month, she gains so much control over her body that now I have resorted to changing her on the mat because I am afraid she will turn when I am not looking. Additionally, I have stopped burping her too, although I didn't let her nanny know. My reasons? I breastfeed mah... less gas to begin with, but nanny bottle feed. And HuiRou can now wriggle around and lifts her buttocks to release gas. When She does this, it amuses Hubs to no end.
No comments:
Post a Comment