Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Daycare Post #1

For the past two days, HuiRou and I were making trial runs at the baby sitter's
house. It was so stressful for me.

On Monday, We only stayed half day as planned. I saw the sitter feed and burp her. But I had to tell her several times how I want things done. I don't know if she will remember them or not but I can only hope. As HuiRou went down for her afternoon nap, I went to grab some lunch but I told the sitter to wait for me before she bathe her. But guess what? She was wailing when I arrived at the sitter only after 20 mins!! The sitter told me that it was because she took HuiRou out of the bath when she was enjoying herself. (Yup, she bathed her already when I came back! )
On Tuesday, I told the sitter again that I want to observe her giving HuiRou a bath. She insisted that there was no need. I just told her that if she won't let me observe then I will sit at her house all day everyday :)

So in the end I had my way and I found out why my baby cried. (Usually, she's her own happy self after her bath) It was not because she was taken out of her bath too soon. The sitter tried changing her on the cold hard floor!

Alright, To be fair, she had a mat under HuiRou. But it was so thin and worn. When baby cold, sure cry lar. So idiotic.

All this was added to the fact that I was separated from my baby.And I have had to run back and forth to express enough for her next day's feed. Then at night I still have to sterilize all her bottles. It was so easy just to feed directly.

Anyway, I will leave HuiRou in her care today until around 5pm. We will see how it goes.

Meanwhile, I will have to get her a proper changing mat. I can already imagine how she change her nappy. On the cold hard floor.

No comments: