Monday, February 21, 2011

Huirou’s Classes

DSC01112 copy

General

She’s adapting quite well to school. She may still cry when it’s time to leave us and head to school but her teachers all report that she is happy active and learning well there.

Every few days Huirou will bring back something from school. The one you see above is a completed artwork on the first day of school. (Teacher spelt her name wrongly Baring teeth smile )

Sometimes she will bring back treats from the teachers.

There were even some books from the school library.

Themes

Last month the theme in her school is “Toys and storybooks”

This month is “I Am Special”

Learning Achievements in School

After about 2 months of schooling, her principal reports that she can understand simple instructions in English very well now. When I first heard that I was doing a mental victory dance, because I struggled a little sending her to an English Kindergarten but did so in order for her to pick up a second language.

She is also able to hold a pencil very well now. As far as writing skills go, she doesn’t scribble anymore, much preferring to trace letters and numbers. Her colouring is improving significantly as well. Her attention span is also longer now.

I suspect her favourite part of school are the songs. She’s good at picking up the music and the lyrics and also sometimes improvising them.

For Chinese New Year they were taught:

(sung to the tune of Are You Sleeping)
Chinese Dragon x2
Breathing Fire x2
Happy Happy New Year x2
Gong Xi Fa Cai x2

and some others ……

I hope that she continues to enjoy learning. 

No comments: