Wow. Two years old already.
Growth, Food Intake and General Well Being
- Her food intake has reduced significantly. I hope this is in line with her reduced growth and not due to having too much milk or Baby Zhixin arriving.
- She still has 2-3 milk feeds of about 3.5 oz each everyday. Although I earlier contemplated to switch her from full fat to low fat milk, I think for now I’ll still let her drink full fat milk because of her reduced food intake.
- And of course, she’s having also as much breast milk as she can possibly get whenever she’s around me. She is probably only going to be weaned when she starts college. o_O.
Physical Development and Communications
- She quickly learned that she can scream to get our attention when we ask her to keep quiet when the baby’s sleeping. Sigh.
- She can follow along when I try to count to ten. but regularly misses “five”. i.e. she will go one,two, three, four, six … etc.
- We recently discovered that she can hum along to quite a few songs, like Baa baa black sheep. Also she can actually recite the first verse of a Buddhist scripture that Hubs was listening to in his car (eh I dunno which one) Na Mo Guan Shi Yin Pu Sah …… Seriously.
- She has now become quite impatient. I’ve tried to stretch her patience by telling her to count to ten whenever I need her to wait. Sometimes it works. other times not.
- She is also getting a little jealous of Zhixin always having my attention. She will demand to nurse whenever Zhixin nurses.
- And when she’s done, she will want Zhixin to finish up too.
On a day to day basis, we are only wary of her tantrums usually precipitated by hunger or tiredness. Otherwise she usually behaves like any toddler would, playful, cheeky, happy, curious and a little bit too energetic for us adults.
No comments:
Post a Comment