Scrapbook details are Here When I decided to take pictures of Huirou's food, I have planned to take them continuously for a week or so; however, I sometimes forget, or Huirou decides that she wants her nen nen, so I could only just pack her food and go be a cow.
As I am trying to introduce a variety of food to her, her porridges get a little colourful. Most days, it is rice porridge with a variety of root vegetables. When inspiration strikes, I will add in a new ingredient. However, I refuse to go the kwailo route, whereby babies are introduced to Pears and Rice ( major EEEK!!)
Ok, I have to admit that I am making food choices for her based on my own preferences BUT Rice is our staple food. AND her food should taste as good to me, taking into account her food is never salted.
In case you were wondering about her food samplings, she had (clockwise from top left) pureed carrots, french beans, sweet potato, vegetable medley with kailan, beetroot and frenchbeans with some barley. (all from memory...)
She would literally go bananas over bananas. She loves her sweet potatoes but hates yoghurt (so far) She likes to mimic our chewing actions when we eat, and I usually share my food with her if it is something that she can eat, else she will wail. So now if I am eating junk food, I eat it out of her sight :) She is able and willing to pick up bits of food with her fingers to eat. When she's done she sweeps all the crumbs onto the floor. I am trying to show her that she doesn't need to do that after a meal, but it is rather hard communicating with a baby, if you know what I mean.
No comments:
Post a Comment