Due to my heavy workload this month, I couldn’t write as often as I wanted. However, we see A LOT of development in Huirou. As usual, the beginning of each month I feel the need to jot down something so that when Huirou grow up she can read all about herself.
- Weighs 7.2 kg. She’s supposed to only triple her birth weight at 1 year old.
- Is able to crawl on all fours; as opposed to previously when she was crawling commando style.
- Is able to climb over small obstacles eg the pillows that usually are her barrier from falling out of the bed. So now no more playing in bed with her. She also only naps on the mattress on the floor. She is also rather curious and is constantly investigating something, pulling this and pushing that. She especially test my patience when she screams for somthing that I would not let her have eg. papa's specs, my dirty wallet, the house keys. What shall I do when she's bigger?
- Is able to sit upright consistently, enabling us to put her in shopping carts, restaurant high chairs etc... when we go out. ( Making it much much much kinder on our arms :) )
- Is able to get from sitting to lying and vice versa. I consider this a MAJOR accomplishment! Previously she plops down when she's tired or she cries to be helped to an upright position.
- Is able to manipulate toys in her hands. Previously if you hand her something, it goes straight to her mouth, but now she will choose the parts she wants to chew on.
- Still speaks alot of gibberish but there are some that we can comprehend. Waah waah waah means I am hungry. Ahwoo ahwoo means I am happy and wanna play. Oklah! Only music to mummy's ears.
- Can kiss. Say "sayang" ( malay: kiss) and she will purse her lips and approach our faces
- Can understand when I am angry. If I scold her she will make a sad face. or scream in her determination to do things her way.
- Recognizes her bottles and my boobs. If you give her a bottle of water when she wants milk she will push the bottle away. If she sees me when she is hungry, she will climb onto my lap and try to get into her nursing position. Incidently, I forgot to jot down that she can already hold her own bottle last month. I try to not let her do that too often, because I read that it may lead to tooth decay... but it is now so much easier to feed her.
- Exhibits less stranger anxiety this month. I am sure by making this public I am jinxing myself and next month she will be clingier than ever.
- Enjoys her solids chunkier now; however, we found out that she may be allergic to cow's milk. (Long story... Busy to pump, supplemented, she vomitted, had rashes) So, it's back to 100% Breast milk for now.
- Is able to play simple games and take jokes.
- Many variations of peek-a-boo
- Make exaggerated facial expressions and she will laugh
- Approach her with your "tickling" finger and she will laugh in anticipation
- Pretend to sleep, then peep at her, she will touch your face.
- Blows at my arm with her mouth, making funny noises
- can do the red indian cry. she goes waaa and we help her with our hands to her mouth.
No comments:
Post a Comment