Friday, February 8, 2008

Jab Day and 5 months

How time flies. Hui Rou is 5 months old. We went for her jabs again on the 2nd, and as usual the paed evaluated her as part of her well-baby visit.

Hui Rou's "report" is as below,

1. weighs 6.4 kg (+ 0.30)
2. Measures 65 cm; but one of her aunties still insists that she's Ms Tiny.
3. Squeals in delight while playing.
4. Grabs things consistently and accurately, in raking motion.
5. Loooves to suck on her index finger. She puts it so far into her mouth, she gags. Sigh ... ...
6. Readily recognizes voices that she likes (namely, mine)
7. She will now prefer to hold our fingers, than our clothing while being held.
8. Still sleeps in our bed, coz I have 15 reasons that it is good; and one that it ain't. (go ahead and laugh at me)
9. Still only take very short naps; I've decided to give up on trying to get her to nap more. She sleeps at 8pm till 8am anyways. That's normal, right?


Another thing. When the paed gave her her jab, she just gave a little eek. I was so proud. Even the nurses were amazed. Somemore she was smiling and playing on the way out. She's always like that, happy-go-lucky. She very rarely throw tantrums, or even cry. My girl's a good, happy baby and I am trying very very hard to keep her that way. And as the days go by, I now cannot imagine what it was like before she arrived. And next month, she starts solids. Gonna be fun....

No comments: