On the morning of the 1st, I had some bleeding... but I wasn't too concern because I know there will be a show near the due date. After breakfast, I decided to call the obstetrician just to check... well, our kancheong doc ask me to go to the clinic. My contractions were monitored (there were NO contractions, whatsoever!! ) and the baby was monitored. Our sleepy princess just didn't want to move for the doc and hence we were sent home with instructions to be back at the clinic in an hour's time.
The 2nd time the dear doc manage to wake the baby up and he was very happy with our progress. We were sent home with assurances that the pregnancy went well and that we should continue to "enjoy our lives". With that in mind, hubby and I went to Jusco for some (now we know : last minute) baby stuff and some food.
After dinner, I had some mild contractions. Well, as the night progresses... the contractions were getting closer (about 10 mins)... BUT they were NOT painful... hmmm... I was thinking ... must be false labour.. then whooossh... my waterbag broke! and with that we started the mad rush to the hospital...
We arrived at the hospital at 1.30 am. The midwives on duty told me that the doctor will be in in the morning. I was comfortably set up in a delivery bed, and I know I have lots of snacks with me, so I was planning to wait till then. For some reason, once the IV line was started the contractions got stronger, but with the midwives advice to relax, I was still able to converse. Must be something they put in ....hmm ...
Then all of a sudden, dear old doc appeared before me!! Dressed in what we would like to describe as "going to pasar outfit" Next thing I know he was in and out the delivery room and have given instructions for the OT to be readied. Then he was in scrubs already. Like magic. And then I found out the reason. The baby was in stress, and whenever there is a contraction the baby's heart rate dropped drastically. Dear old doc gave us (me and baby, that is) to be done in 30 minutes else... I would have to go under the knife!!
And for the next 30 minutes, the events were a blur but i remembered getting a jab, people asking me to push, hubby looking lost, doc threatening (or rather warning) me about an impending caesarean section if I don't push harder. All of sudden, I felt the baby's head pushed through and then hubby was asked to cut the cord and we saw our darling for the first time. Baby Hui Rou was born on September 2nd, 2007 at 3.50am.
Efficient, eh?. Mostly because everything happened without me knowing. Sometimes, that's a good thing.
No comments:
Post a Comment